Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Royale

Royale
157 Avenue C

My roommate had told me about Royale when I lived in the West Village last year, and though I was reluctant to make the trip across town to Avenue C, Royale has solidified its spot on my list of top summer hangouts. Disguised as any other bar, the porch out back is one of my favorite places to go on a warm summer evening, since it feels like you’ve been transported to someone’s backyard deck. As if cans of porkslap and plenty of beers on tap weren’t enough, Royale offers a burger that challenges (perhaps successfully) the burger trifecta (shake shack, burger joint, corner bistro). The royale with bacon $8.00 is a perfectly charred, medium-rare patty, juicy and flavorful, manifesting images of the corner bistro burger (though Royale’s is slightly larger). Some fries and beer battered onion rings later ($3 each), I can only hope for another warm night to return soon.

Royale with Bacon:


Fries & Onion Rings:

No comments:

Post a Comment