Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Lucali

50. Lucali
575 Henry Street

Having been told that Lucali, a popular pizza joint in Cobble Hill, fills up rather quickly and that tables are hard to come by, I made sure to show up at 6pm, just when they open. What I hadn't realized is that people start to show up at 5pm and when I asked for a table for 5 people, I was told that they could do a table at 8:30. Two and a half hours?! I'll take mine to go, thank you.





A la TONY, we ordered one with pepperoni and hot peppers and after paying an absurd $32 for a pie that barely serves 3, we snagged an area around the corner to sample the famous pizza. Sure, it had fresh basil and a nicely burned crust but I'm not sure what the big deal is and could never imagine waiting so long for their pizza which isn't even in the same league as Artichoke. Patsy's, Grimaldi's, Lombardi's are all better options. Head around the corner to Ferdinando's for some panelle instead.




No comments:

Post a Comment